Okay, this isn’t just any Caesar Salad this light, flavoursome salad is the perfect lunch or light dinner, I don’t know about you but as soon as the summer months hit salads are my go-to most days. In this recipe the paprika coated, crispy chicken breasts are the reason this Caesar stands out against so many others, it’s a sweet, smokey taste sensation…you have to try it!
- 1 cos lettuce
- 2 Chicken breasts butterflied
- 2 Free range eggs
- 4 Rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Parmesan cheese
- Stokes creamy caesar salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Butterfly your chicken breast and marinade in salt, pepper and paprika making sure they are completely covered.
- Put a pan of water on to boil for your soft boiled eggs.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add your chicken breasts ( you may want to add one at a time to ensure a crispy coating on the chicken) Once you have fried each breast for 2 minutes a side and you have a nice colour on the outside place into an oven proof dish and finish cooking in the oven, this will take around 15 minutes.
- In the pan you fried the chicken breasts in add the 4 rashers of streaky bacon and fry until crisp, set aside and leave to cool.
- Boil your eggs for 5 minutes.
- Shred your lettuce and toss in your salad dressing.
- Chop your crispy bacon into crispy bacon bits and add to the lettuce.
- Using a vegetable peeler add shavings of parmesan cheese to the salad.
- Remove eggs, de-shell and chop in half, finish with a sprinkling of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Remove chicken from the oven and slice into strips.
- Place chicken and eggs onto your salad and enjoy!