Hello everyone, happy Friday! This evenings dinner was my smokey Spanish Cassoulet. I adore Spanish food, as a family we have holidayed in the same tiny village in Spain for as long as I can remember, I have such fond memories of walking around the Sunday markets and taking in all the delicious smells and sounds. This recipe brings back all of those memories and it is just so delicious, I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1/2 chorizo sausage
- 1 white onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- Olive oil
- 1 tin of cannellini beans in water
- Dried Italian herbs
- Veg stock cube
- Salt Pepper
Ingredients (Garlic Bread):
- Sourdough breat slices
- Dried italian herbs
- Good quality olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Dice your onion, carrot & peppers
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add olive oil, once hot dd your diced vegetables and sweat for 10 minutes.
- Grate 4 cloves of garlic into your vegetable mix and sweat for a further 5 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are sweating down slice chorizo into bite-size pieces and fry off in a different pan until crispy.
- Once the Chorizo has crisped up and released all of its natural oils add both the sausage and the delicious oils into the vegetable mix.
7. Season with salt, pepper and add the paprika and dried herbs, sweat off for a further 5 minutes.
8. Add your tinned cherry tomatoes and give it a good stir.
9. Crumble one veg stock cube into the mix and leave to reduce for 15 minutes on a low heat.
10. It’s now time to start the garlic bread.
11. Cut two slices (one each) of good quality sourdough. Rub each slice with a clove of garlic and drizzle with good quality olive oil, finally sprinkle with dried herbs and pop into the oven. (keep hold of the garlic clove as you will need it again at the end!)
12. Whilst the bread is finishing off toasting in the oven you can add your drained can of cannellini beans to the Cassoulet and stir.
13. Remove toast from the oven and rub the garlic clove over each piece one last time.
14. Serve & enjoy!